Thank you for visiting https://www.swm-environment.com. SWM Environment Sdn Bhd (“SWME”) . SWM Environment Sdn Bhd (“SWME”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how we collect and process your personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that SWME may amend this Privacy Notice at any time without prior notice and we will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
2. Collection of Personal Data
Personal data means any information which relates to you or any person (whether directly or indirectly) or who is identified or identifiable from that information or which was collected or provided to SWME for the purposes stated in Section 4 below, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion.
The types of personal data we collect may include but is not limited to your name, NRIC number, company details, address, age, gender, occupation, marital status, financial and banking details, identity card or passport details, place of birth, credit and financial history.
3. Source of personal information
SWME collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for our projects, when you submit to us the completed tender form through this website, or via various means including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in any of our premises. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
4. Purpose of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information:
Your personal information is collected and further processed by SWME as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction and/or for the purpose of the tender process, including the following:-
- to process your requested services
- to assess and/or process your application for the tender, contract for service, or any transaction with SWME
- to assess your credit worthiness
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction (tender award, contract for service)
- to process any payments related to your commercial transaction
- for internal investigations, due diligence, audit or security purposes
- to comply with SWME’s policy, legal and regulatory obligations/compliance in the conduct of its business
- for communication purposes or to contact you regarding our services, upcoming events, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for your computer and/or device
- for internal administrative and safe-keeping or record purposes
- to assess your application to register for the use of our website
- for promotion or marketing and customer profiling and research activities as deemed necessary, in connection with our services
5. Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information provided to us is processed by SWME including its related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated and affiliate companies, including the following classes of third parties:
- our appointed business partners and other third parties for the provision of services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, contractors, event organiser, insurance companies, financial or other professional body/adviser)
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- other outsourcing partners for the purpose stated in Section 4 above.
Your personal information may be disclosed to the relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under the law, pursuant to the relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 4 above under conditions of confidentiality and similar level of safety measures.
6. Effect of not providing personal information
All information requested in this website is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. If you fail to provide such information, we would not be able to process your request and/or provide you with the relevant services and which will affect your participation in the relevant commercial transaction/services with us/or the tender selection/process.
7. Safety Measures
Our company implements and undertake the necessary administrative and safety measures, systems and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal information.
While we have security measures to help protect the information under our control, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent (100%) secure.
8. Right to access and correct personal information
You have the right to access to and correct your personal information held by us. We will ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date and in this respect, you may notify us in writing if there are any changes to your information or if you would like to access or correct your personal information.
You may at any time withdraw your consent which you have indicated pursuant to this Privacy Notice by a written notice to us, subject to the application laws, regulations, legal obligations/compliance, and terms of relevant contract.
If you have any enquiries, complaints or if you would like to request access or correction of your personal data, or to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information, you may contact us at:-
SWM Environment Sdn Bhd
Tingkat 17, Menara LGB
No. 1, Jalan Wan Kadir
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
60000 Kuala Lumpur
Faks: 03-2788 9201
9. Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal data only so long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, for the services that you are using or have engaged, or to meet any legal or statutory requirements. We shall destroy your personal data when it is no longer needed as to the purpose as stated in Section 4 above.
10. Links to other sites
This website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. The websites may have their own privacy notice in place which we advise that you read and understand the privacy notice of each website.
This website and other linked websites may contain materials produced by third parties. We accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any such third party materials or for the operation or content of other websites (whether or not linked to this website) which are not under SWME’s direct control. We reserve the right to require the removal of any link from other websites which is installed without obtaining the prior written consent of SWME.
We use both HTTP or HTML cookies and Flash cookies to collect personal and non-personal information, helping to ease the upload process, remember you on future visit, better understand how users engage with this website so that we can enhance the user experience. If you do not wish for your personal data to be collected via cookies on this website, you may disable the cookies.
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically to reflect changes in the law, changes in our business practices, procedures and structure. Please check our website regularly for any updates or change to our Privacy Notice. We will only use your personal data in the manner described in this Privacy Notice. Your continued use and access to this website constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any further revisions.
Last updated on 19 November 2020